How you can help: With your support, the following is possible
- An anti-snaring day patrol with 6 scouts - $60
- A 10 day long field patrol with 6 scouts - $250 (this includes rations and deployments)
- A full scout kit - $300
- An hour of aerial surveillance costs $250
Detection Dog Unit
- A detection dog overnight road block, ambush, patrol costs - $250, this includes, dogs, handlers, transport, food, vet care and equipment.
Other ways you can help
Donations to CSL can also be made through Generosity in Action, a 501c3 based in the US. Please visit their website
- It costs $500 to immobilize a snared elephant
- It costs $250 to immobilize a snared carnivore
- It costs $300 - $400 to immobilize a snared giraffe
- This includes drugs, equipment, man power and transport
Human Wildlife Conflict Mitigation
- It costs $180 to construct an elephant safe grain store
- It costs $350 to procure a chilli bomber to deter elephants
- It costs $100 for allowances per chilli bomber volunteer per month
Adopt a Detection Dog
Adopt a detection Dog for $200 a year with an update from Zambia every three months. You also receive a “Certificate of Adoption” with your Adoption Fee-with all funds raised going to the ongoing costs of training and upkeep of this amazing team!
The dogs play a crucial role in detecting Ivory, Bushmeat, Guns and Ammunition, Lion bones and Skins, Leopard skins and Pangolins at the National Park’s boundary and across Zambia's Eastern Province.
There are 5 dogs in the CSL family-Rudi, Earl, Chai, Ruger and Currant.
Each of them have their own unique story and all contribute to saving Zambia’s wildlife!
If you would like to adopt one (or more!) of these amazing Dogs, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we can organize your Adoption Certificate and payment methods.
The cost of each adoption is $200 for a 12 month period, with an update from Zambia every three months. You also receive a “Certificate of Adoption” with your Adoption Fee-with all funds raised going to the ongoing costs of training and upkeep of this amazing team!
Thank you for your continued support
Painted Dog Conservation Incorporated